ViewScan4 Microfiche and Microfilm Scanner
You have found your Microfilm Reader/Printer Replacement
Building on years of industry research and working with professional design teams, the ViewScan 4 takes the greatest features from earlier award winning models and is combined with modern software and usability to deliver an all new user experience.
ST ViewScan 4 makes history come alive and turns your archives into a more dynamic, accessible and user-friendly resource that draws patrons to your library. Bring your microfilm collection into the digital world with the ST ViewScan 4.
ViewScan 4 is available in four models:
9MP Mono FICHE ONLY
9MP Mono Universal (FICHE AND ROLL)
18MP Colour FICHE ONLY
18MP Colour Universal (FICHE AND ROLL)
The very latest PerfectView software is supplied with the scanner.
This software may be upgraded with numerous bundles and options.
Two resolutions to suit your budget
The ViewScan 4 from ST Imaging is available with a choice of camera's to suit your budget. All cameras use a USB3 connection for fast data transfer.
The ST ViewScan 4 is capable of creating crisp and clear high resolution images from your microfilm collection
- ViewScan 4 - 9 = 9MP Mono Fiche only OR Universal (Roll and Fiche) model
- ViewScan 4 -18 = TRUE 18MP Colour models available as Fiche only OR Universal (Roll and Fiche) model.
ST PerfectView for Microfilm Scanning
ST PerfectView is a powerful new tool for microfilm researchers by streamlining the browsing, scanning and saving of the information.
Quickly read headlines without waiting for the image to refresh and become clear. Easily crop the article or scan the entire page.
Each scan is then saved into the Image Ribbon (formerly known as the Image Bin).
The Image Ribbon stores the scans during the session and can be recalled at any time.
It can also be resized and enlarged to see the details not seen in the thumbnail.
Once scanned the image can be saved in many different formats to multiple locations including, email, Google Drive, Dropbox, USB, and shared over inter-library loans. Of course the file can be sent to any network printer.
Precision motors on the ViewScan 4 allows for continuous sharp and easy-to-read images.
From 35 mm roll film to small images on microfiche, users will see focused and vibrant images time after time.
On board PC Option
A first time innovation for a microfilm scanner, the ViewScan 4 can come with an optional PC.
Securely connected to the base of the scanner the PC comes with the ST PerfectView software installed.
Connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the PC and you are ready to scan.
The mouse can be an optional item as the ST PerfectView is designed with touch screen capabilities.
ST OCR Searchable text tools
World class OCR – Optical Character Recognition – is delivered with the ST OCR Searchable Text Tools.
Use these tools to convert a page at a time to searchable text while viewing the microfilm, or to convert to a searchable PDF document.
18 Reasons to replace that Reader/Printer and upgrade to ViewScan4
- Enjoy the ease of using digital documents. Save and share these documents directly from ST Imaging software to the following locations:
OCLC Interlibrary Loans – ILLiad and Odyssey
- Auto-Focus capability instantly creates clear scans
- Images can always be viewed as a positive image regardless if film is positive or negative.
- Create COLOUR scans of film and slides. Patrons can convert old slides to full color digital images.
- Print from any Windows Printer.
- The cropping option allows users to select only the information they require, instead of the full page.
- Scan a full page or selected portions in one second.
- Familiar film controls on the scanner, similar to reader/printers, as well as virtual buttons in the software program.
- Edit the image to your liking prior to sharing.
- No need to change lenses. One lens captures all media from microfiche, 16mm & 35mm film.
- Digitally zoom in and out with one mouse click. Instantly zoom for greater detail.
- The ST ViewScan 4 displays real-time images, which is customary to users.
- Loading microfilm is easier than on older reader printers. Reel mounts easily accessible.
- Users can easily see where their fiche, film and aperture cards are located because very little scanner equipment is in the way.
- ClipMerge™ – Combine and size multiple scans to one page!
- ST Annotation™ – Add notes, highlights, titles, bibliographies and more directly to your scans.
- The ViewScan system requires half the space of the old reader/printer.
- The ViewScan system uses only half the energy of the old reader/printer.
WHATS IN THE BOX